Professional Yoga Instruction
Welcome to the website of Shining Lotus Yoga Wellness and Elise Cantrell, a professional yoga instructor, author and Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor and holistic healer.
Some of the more common benefits of regular yoga practice are:
- Increased strength, balance and flexibility
- Improved joint health
- Elevated energy and mood
- Decreased risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes
- Better sleep
- Improved focus, concentration and mental clarity
- Promotes overall sense of well-being
Ayurveda, a 5000 year old eastern science of wholistic health and healing is designed to restore the body and mind to its natural state of health and balance. It successful in healing difficult to treat conditions such as migraines, arthritis, diabetes, IBS, anxiety, ADD, ADHD, high blood pressure, cholesterol, insomnia. It incorporates, lifestyle changes, herbs, diet, yoga postures, breath work, aromotherapy, medittion, gem therapy, color therapy, self-massage, pressure points, and other natural meathods of health and healing.
Regular yoga practice has been linked to 77 health benefits. I invite you to contact me today and experience for yourself the benefits of yoga with a professionally certified yoga instructor.
Elise Cantrell CYT, RYT, MAT, Member of Kripalu Yoga Teachers Association
A Kripalu Yoga Class Includes:
· Coming into the present moment by centering the body, mind and breath
· Warm ups (pratapana) - conditioning exercises that synchronize breath with movement, as means of inducing concentration and preparing the body for more in depth asana
· Creative asana sequences that are precisely designed to stretch, strengthen and balance the body including: standing and balancing, forward and back bending, spinal twists, lateral bends and inversions
· Classes often include time for unguided exploration and expression or meditation-in-motion
· Classes close with integration through relaxation and meditation
· Classes range from gentle to vigorous
The purpose of a Kripalu yoga class is to produce these results:
· Restore the body to its natural state of alignment and balance by increasing body awareness
· Promote deep concentrated awareness
· Awaken the prana (lifeforce) in the body
· Experience meditation-in-motion
Kripalu's roots in classical yoga practice:
The three stages and the practices of asana, pranayama and meditation are integrated throughout every Kripalu class.
The Kripalu approach to alignment combines the science of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology with yoga's energetic system of prana to empower the individual to make body-intelligent choices from within. Kripalu practices are led as a creative inquiry with an emphasis upon personal experience being the authentic teacher.
What is Witness Consciousness?
Witnessing one's experience without judgment during a yoga class allows compassionate self-acceptance that expands beyond the formal practice on the mat into life.
Is there an intention to Kripalu Yoga?
Ongoing practice of the Kripalu approach to yoga awakens the prana (lifeforce) within. This awakened prana profoundly transforms, heals and enlivens the body, self and experience of life.
Is there an intention as a Kripalu Yoga Teacher?
Awaken the possibility of a truly fulfilled and satisfying life through the practice of yoga as a comprehensive system for self-development
The Kripalu Approach
· Creative sequencing
· Breath coordinated with movement
· Witness consciousness
· BRFWA - transformation
· Exploration and inquiry
· Connection to source
Kripalu Yoga helps you find your own yoga
Search Our Website
Inclement Weather Policy: If area schools are closed, Shining Lotus will be closed.
Map & Directions
Need a map and/or directions to our studio? Check out our interactive map to ensure you arrive safe and on time for your upcoming appointment.
Shining Lotus Mission Statement: "To Inspire, encourage, empower, enliven, and enlighten!"
*Classes offered on our schedule!
(See Winter/spring Schedule web-page)
- Gentle Yoga
- Moderate Kripalu Yoga
- Moderate Vinyassa Flow
- Laughter Yoga
- Magic Roller
- 40 Days to Enlightened Eating
- A Course in Miracles
- Yoga Nidra
- Restorative yoga
*We offer Reiki healing sessions, Angel Card Reading, Animal Communication and Ayurvedic Health Consultations and Private Yoga Instruction by appointment, on site, $65/hr; $35/1/2 hr